[pmwiki-users] Re: Upgrade path - getting rid of WikiLinks?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 6 16:44:18 CDT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 10:50:24AM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > At 08:23 AM 8/6/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
> > >I've decided to stop using WikiLinks while upgrading to pmwiki2. The
> > >problem is of course that the original site has lots of WikiLinks based on
> > >camel case... Is there a way to automatically convert them in [[links]]?
> >
> > replace on save? But I'm not sure we can use regexp inside
> > $ROSPatterns keys and values :(
>
> Hint:  Any PmWiki variable with the name "Pattern" in it
> understands and expects regexp patterns.  :-)

So what is the idea here? That $ROSPattern should be used to automatically
detect WikiLinks and replace them with [[WikiLinks]] when the page is
saved?

That'd be fine with me, but I'm not too keen on manually opening and
saving every page. And before that has been done the links won't work on
the migrated pages...

Oh... the pattern would also have to exclude something like '[=PmWiki=]'
or '`PmWiki' from being replaced. Nor should it replace something like
'[[PmWiki]]' with '[[[[PmWiki]]]]'...

Frankly, it feels rather tricky figuring out this pattern. OTOH, since the
wiki engine is capable of figuring out what is a link... couldn't I take
advantage of that somehow?

/Christian