[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Inter-map prefix for gmane articles?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sat Aug 6 09:59:22 CDT 2005

Good point; but as Pm said, in a wiki we should not assume that any
external storages will stay there, and if something is important,
just make a local copy.

Anyway, posts tend to discuss sometimes more than one topic and quite
often just a part of a topic. So the nice thing to do (rather than
just linking to a thread and leaving it up to the readers to figure
out what part of the thread you meant), is to condense a relevant
thread on a wiki page.

Opinions? counterarguments? ;)

At 04:34 AM 8/6/2005, chr at home.se wrote:
>The problem with that approach is if Patrick were to change the domain
>name. He might for instance decide to move the archive from pmichaud.com
>to pmwiki.org, in which case you'd have to change *all* links. if you're
>using a prefix you only have to change it in one place...

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)