[pmwiki-users] Re: more flexible page-sharing for farms

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Aug 6 04:46:22 CDT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:

> Now that I'm using my wikifarm more, I've noticed that my page-sharing
> needs may be more complex than the Use Common Pages recipe
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UseCommonPagesInAWikiFarm) accounts
> for. Many of the pages I want to use for shared, farmwide defaults, are
> exactly the pages that I need to customize for my admin work (e.g.
> Site.Sidebar). Yet other pages need to exist to ease maintenance, but
> shouldn't be seen in the other fields.

I'm noticing similar issues. Not quite sure what you mean by "admin work"
though?

I'm trying to deal with this by having Site/ shared, while creating a
group called Field/ in each field. Then I have to move field specific
pages from Site/ into Field/.

What kind of problems do you have more specifically?

> So, could we have a "shared page" attribute with similar levels of
> configurability to passwords?  (That is, farm, field, group, and page
> levels.)

Hmm... I'm not sure how well it'd work in pracitce.

/C