[pmwiki-users] Link to Category becomes a member of this category

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users at b-a-l-u.de
Fri Aug 5 17:55:48 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 12:21:53PM -0400, David Spitzley wrote:
> If you check out the Using Categories page on PmWiki.org, I just
> reorganized and added an answer to this question, which I just got
> answered myself recently.  If you change your (:pagelist:) syntax to
>
> (:pagelist '!{$Name}' list=normal:)
>
> you'll get a list of just the [[!MyCategory]] links, as it will be pulling up pages containing the !MyCategory phrase.

I just stumbled over this, so I guess I need to ask here too ;)

Shouldn't we use (:pagelist link=Category.{$Name}:)?

Otherwise you will get problems if you have categories that include a
part of a different category - e.g. when nesting them?

For example:
Category/2005-08 is also listed on Category/2005 even though it should
be a different  category.

     Balu.