[pmwiki-users] MonobookSkin css bug

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:10:27 CDT 2005

On 8/4/05, Dominique Faure <dominique.faure.1 at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Enhancing MonobookSkin, I came to a tedious css bug I just don't know how to
> solve. I'm sure at least one of all the CSS gurus here would have a
> solution:
>
> If I define some floating divs into wiki text (aka: %rfloat%
> Attach:ampel.png), title borders are overlapping them.

It's not a bug -- floats are supposed to do that.  Specced behaviour
is for inline boxes (text, that <hr> just before the floated images,
and various other stuff) to shorten themselves to accomodate floats,
but block elements should not change.  Block boxes -- including their
borders and backgrounds -- proceed as normal while the float floats
over top of them.

To contain a float (make blocks drop below the float's bottom edge),
you have to put in a clearing element like PmWiki's [<<] under the
float.

Bronwyn