[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 4 09:55:53 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 05:42:42PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> It seems like Pm
> wold rather redefine the Q:/A: markup instead of using div markup
> though...

I'm not opposed to div markup; it just seems to me that "Q:" and "A:"
are soooo straightforward relative to what we want to achive in a
FAQ.  And my point is also that we shouldn't feel at all constrained
by the semantics of the existing Q:/A: markup.  I don't see any
problem with redefining "Q:" and "A:" in the markup to render
as if the author had written ">>question<<" and ">>answer<<", so that
they end up acting like divs.  Or "Q:" and "A:" can become
special-purpose divs, that don't interfere with the existing ">><<"
markup.

My suggestion at this stage is for us to focus mainly on the desired
rendering of a FAQ.  Once we have that, it's much easier to figure
out the resulting markup.