[pmwiki-users] LDAP / PAM Module

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Aug 4 09:28:46 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 08:21:03AM +0200, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
>
>>Has anyone achieved to get PmWiki running with LDAP or Linux PAM? I'd
>>appreciate any code snippets if someone like to share them.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I posted a version of authuser.php that would
> allow authentication against LDAP, but AFAIK nobody's tried it out
> on a "real system" yet.

Maybe because setting up LDAP is a bit difficult. (I tried to read it up
once, but gave up when my mind boggled.)

 > I'm attaching it again here, and will go
> ahead and stick it in the distribution for the next release.
> Just copy it over the existing scripts/authuser.php file.

One thing that I noted in passing: the script doesn't (seem to) have a
good interface for plugging in one's own authentication methods. People
may want to write authenticators for text files, maybe even hardcoded
ones with the passwords in the PHP source, or whatever.

Regards,
Jo