[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

Benjamin Wilson ameen at dausha.net
Thu Aug 4 07:05:57 CDT 2005

I should say first off I don't mean to come off so adversarial. I'm a
proponent of KISS and of not fixing what is not broken.

Your observations are valid--that it is logical to text-intent the
answer paragraph; that the Q: does not have to be bold; we need TOC in
the Core; and that we need multi-block A: markup.

I listed the sites only to show that if taken in the aggregate, we can
argue both points and personal preferences to the detriment of us all. :-)

I seek markup that is very malliable to the admin and very simple.

H. Fox wrote:

[snip]

> I doubt that.  Let's agree to disagree about the probable quality of
> Google's UI people.

I think we both agree Google does very well. It's all that Python they
program, methinks.

>>## Q: and A:

[snip]

> Those are good, but the answer only spans one "paragraph".  A second
> paragraph or a code block would need to be indented separately.  In
> other words, this markup
>
>     Q: How do I turn on the ?action=diag and ?action=phpinfo actions?
>     A: Use
>         $EnableDiag = 1;
>     in your config.php file.
>
> produces the DT, the DD, the code block, and a paragraph.  If you
> styled answers to be in red text, only "A: Use" would render in red.
>
> It would be better to have the answer be in one block.

Then(?):

(:Q Question goes here:)
(:A:)
Answer goes here.
(:Aend:)

DD works with each paragraph. Alternatively, we just DIV everything and
get the same result:

(:div class=faq:)
Q: Question goes here