[pmwiki-users] URGENT: Global Password Reset

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 09:37:58 CDT 2005

Monday, August 1, 2005, 3:21:29 PM, Ryan wrote:
> I am currently running v2.0 beta 19.  Someone has learned the
> password that I used for securing private sections of my wiki (the
> same password was used for pages, groups, etc.).  I have changed the
> password within the configuration file, but need to reset what is
> stored for the other resources.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

You need to change passwords set for groups by changing them on the
GroupAttributes page:
  i.e. someGroup.GroupAttributes?action=attr

and any passwords set for individual pages by
   going to somegroup.SomePage?action=attr
i.e.for each individual page do ?action=attr

The attribute form gives you some indication as to what passwords are
set, for what and on what level, but don't show the passwords
themselves.

There is no global password reset mechanism at present.

Best,
~Hans