[pmwiki-users] "No ending delimiter '!' found" messages after 2.0beta35 upgrade

Nate Cull nate at natecull.org
Sat Apr 30 00:36:39 CDT 2005

I was running 2.0beta32 on my new neighbourhood site
(www.addington.org.nz) and it seemed to be working fine. I upgraded to
2.0beta35 by copying pmwiki.php, scripts/* and wikilib.d/* over the top.
Then I noticed that whenever I viewed a page containing (:pagelist:)
markup (and I have a fair bit of it in my group footers, doing custom
'what links to here' searches), I got a screenful of repeated errors:

Warning: No ending delimiter '!' found in pmwiki/scripts/pagelist.php on
line 151

As of 2005-04-30 17:32 NZST you can see this same bug happening on the
main PmWiki site at:

http://www.pmwiki.com/wiki/Profiles/HaganFox

I made it go away on my site by copying back the 2.0beta32 pagelist.php.
Any idea what's causing this? A Google search suggests it's something to
do with not inserting '/' delimiters around the regular expression in a
preg function, but I know very little about how PHP regexes work and
whether you're already doing this or not.