[pmwiki-users] more questions about user auth

Michael Krämer michael.kraemer at midray.com
Thu Apr 28 07:29:18 CDT 2005

sorry, I didn´t get the conversation from Neil Herber about that topic,
I´m a fairly new subscriber to that list. But I have a few questions
regarding user authentication, too.

1) What is the way to enable user auth in 2.0.beta35? Is the cookbook
patch userauth-0.62.zip
<http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/userauth-0.62.zip> still
the way to do it or is authentication one of the topics directly
included in version 2.0?

2) Is there any possibility to authenticate against an LDAP-Server? I
saw that you use the htpasswd files for authentication. In Apache, there
is already a possibility to authenticate against LDAP via
HTTP-Basic-Auth. Do you think there is a chance to combine that with
authentication in pmwiki? Maybe via the PHP_AUTH_USER variable in
conjunction with an HTTP-Basis-Auth configured in httpd.conf.

best regards
Michael
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation>

--