[pmwiki-users] I18n action lists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 12:15:37 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:56:37AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 06:06:56PM +0200, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
> > So I feel it is better to stay with $[$Group/RecentChanges] for page
> > name, in order to maintain compatibility, and also in order to have the
> > possibility to differentiate the display name from the page name.
>
> Unfortunately, it won't work that way, since $Group isn't converted
> to a group name within a wiki page.  $[$Group/RecentChanges] in
> the wiki text would be translated into $Group/RecentChanges, which
> then becomes a link to (literally) "Group.RecentChanges", as opposed
> to the current group.
> [...]

Actually, come to think of it, we don't need {$Group} there at all,
since it's already being processed by wiki markup.  Ultimately I think
we end up with:

   * [[RecentChanges | $[Recent Changes]]
   * %newwin% [[{$FullName}?action=print | $[Printable View]]]
   * [[{$FullName}?action=diff | $[Page History]]]
   * [[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit Page]]]

and leave RecentChanges untranslated, to avoid confusion as to
what is happening or being translated.  Someone who is changing the
names/locations of the RecentChanges page(s) can then fix the
action lists as appropriate, and introduce $[RecentChanges] if needed.