[pmwiki-users] Config group (Was: Edit page extensions)

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 17:01:24 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:52:50PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Actually, in thinking about this, some pages that go into the
> "config" group might not be configuration items at all, but just
> other related pages.  So how about "WikiEtc" or "PmWikiEtc"
> instead?  Perhaps this could then also be a good place for
> Cookbook things that aren't really "configuration" pages.

I know!  Let's call it the PmWikiRegistry.  ;-)

Seriously though, the name shouldn't be too obscure either (especially
if it will be typed rarely).  I think there's a whole bunch of people
to whom "etc" doesn't make sense.  (I could be wrong and if I am, I
expect a whole bunch of people to pipe up and say, "You're wrong!
That makes perfect sense!" :-)

If I had some better alternatives than what's been proposed, I'd start
a wiki page on it and invite voting.  Since I can't think right now, I
invite someone with other suggestions to do so.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com