[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Apr 25 14:26:53 CDT 2005

At 2005-04-25  08:32 PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz is rumored to have said:
>Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 02:19:29PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>>1.  Where should EditPage live?  I'm guessing it should live as
>>Main.EditPage, although this could obviously be configurable.
>
>Since PmWiki is going to place more and more configuration data on wiki
>pages, I suggest creating a group for such pages. This makes it easier to
>filter them out from page lists and searches, for example, and also gives
>the administrator a common place to look for configuration data.

The more I read about wiki configuration pages, the more I want to see them
in their own group (say, PmConfig). They will be easier to find, easier to
control access to, easier to eliminate from searches and pagelists, and
will have no danger of name conflict with regular wiki pages. The files
will even sort into a natural group in an alpha listing of /wiki.d. I can't
think of any disadvantages. Are there any?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668