[pmwiki-users] Edit page extensions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 25 14:08:39 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:37:48PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Making one markup for all input elements looks good.
>
> "ef" is a bit too short for my taste though - it's a (:...:) markup, and
> these have always been verbose. Something like (:form...:) might be
> good. Or (:in...:) for "input".
> Maybe somebody has an even better word for that. My observation is that
> these elements are all something where the visitor can interact with the
> site: click a button, edit/enter a text, click a checkbox, or whatever.

If (:ef:) is too short it's likely to be (:editform ...:)

> Another thing: the name space should be separated. PmWiki uses
> PmWiki.savebutton, PmWiki.previewbutton, PmWiki.author, etc., where
> recipe RenamePage would use RenamePage.GroupName and RenamePage.NewPageName.

Argggh, this is way overdesigned, plus they look way too much like
pagenames of some sort.  I hereby declare that PmWiki's editform
elements will use the undotted space, and if a RenamePage recipe wants to
absolutely avoid conflicts it can either use "RenamePage.XYZ" for its
elements or define its own (:renameform ...:) markup for them.
(Personally, I just don't see a huge potential for conflict here.)