[pmwiki-users] Permission troubles

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 24 10:13:35 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 03:13:59PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> I'm now doing not only
>   chmod ugo+x `find -name "*.php"`
> (to make the PHP scripts executable, so that they will work as CGI) but also
>   chmod go-w `find -name "*.php"`
> to make it palatable for suEXEC, as part of my PmWiki install routine.
>
> However, I'd greatly prefer it if the .php files came out of the tarball
> with the right permissions. Should I open a PITS issue for that?

Well, we can take care of it here on the list -- but let me make sure
I have all of the permissions correct for all files.  I'm guessing
that files in the distribution (except pmwiki.php) should have
rw-r--r-- (644) permissions, all directories should have rwxr-xr-x (755)
permissions, and pmwiki.php should be marked as executable with
rwxr-xr-x  (755) permissions.

It doesn't seem to me that the other .php scripts in the distribution
need execute permissions, as they're not called directly from the
webserver anyway (they're always called via include).

Sound good?