[pmwiki-users] Extended markup

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:22:55 CDT 2005

It has several names, the one that springs to mind is non-greedy.
whereas .* will attempt to match as *much* as possible  .*? will
attempt to match the least   that satisfies the expression.

Thats probably a bad definition that will get me shouted down for, but
it should give you enough to go off and google for it ;)
- Ciaran

On 21/04/05, CB <chrisbar at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone explain me the question mark utility in the syntaxe of the
> pattern part ?
> For example :
>
> Markup("em","inline","/''(.*?)''/","<em>$1</em>");
>
> (http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup)
>
> Thanks
> CB

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)