[pmwiki-users] Still troubles with UTF-8 characters in WikiLinks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 08:37:23 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:19:11PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> I have got problems too, running a German website.
>
> *Fatal error*:  Call to undefined function:  mb_strtoupper() in
> */home/pacs/svr02/users/akloek/doms/neue-arbeit-hamburg.de/subs/www/scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php(60) : regexp code* on line *1*
>
> I get this as a reply, while including the xlpage-utf-8.php file.

This means your version of PHP was compiled without multibyte string
support, which is how PmWiki is able to do UTF-8 case conversions.
I'll see if I can update xlpage-utf-8.php so that it still "works"
even for PHP installations without multibyte support, although
it may create havoc with page names since PmWiki will have no way
to reliably convert the letter case of UTF-8 characters.