[pmwiki-users] Wiki farm security

Hans design at flutesong.net
Wed Apr 20 04:13:50 CDT 2005

I would like to know how to make a farm installation secure.
I like to have no public access to pmwiki.php in the farm directory.
The fields are in their separate directories. A normal pmwiki
installation leaves pmwiki.php accessible, you can run it through its
url in the browser address bar. But this makes no sense for a farm
installation, when you don't want a farm having its own wiki.d, but
only the fields having their wiki.d directories.

When I put a htaccess file in the farm directory to deny access,
the gui buttons don't work any more, and I guess othe raccess to the
$FarmD/pub/ directory is not possible.

So how can I prevent anyone from running pmwiki.php, but still allow
browser access to the $Farm/pub/ directory?

I can use .htaccess files, but don't have access to the webserver and
its configuration files.

Thanks for your help in advance!
 Hans