[pmwiki-users] IE 5 Mac Newline Problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 16 17:13:52 CDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 08:35:23PM +0200, Benjamin Fay wrote:
> Hi.
> I don't have IE 5.5 for Mac either, so i can't test it. Several people told me
> that the layout is broken on Mac IE 5.5, meaning there are linebreaks but i
> don't know where it happens.
> Either here:

That's pretty standard HTML, I can't really imagine what would be
causing this to break.  And it would really help if we had a picture
of what "broken" means.

However, I suspect that the problem may be related to the fact
that Macintoshes have a different idea of "newline" from other
environments.  Unix uses ASCII 0x0a,  Windows uses 0x0d followed by 0x0a,
and I think Macintoshes use 0x0d.  So maybe that's a clue.