[pmwiki-users] Solution converting ISO-8859-1 wikifiles to UTF-8

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sat Apr 16 12:03:11 CDT 2005

At 12:06 PM 4/16/2005, you wrote:
>Well, PHP often comes with the iconv() function, so we could potentially
>use that.

Um. My local windoze version of php 4.3.10 doesn't have it compiled. I
don't think it's in the default distribution. And I've no idea if zend's
interface to the dll is faster than the OS's using the gnu libs. But hey,
for a recipe, these problems can be solved

>Given the number of recent requests for "how do I do operation XYZ on a
>large set of pages", I'm thinking we need a recipe or core support for
>it.

O. yea. I was looking at ways to merge subsequent changes from the same
author into a more compact entry, for all but the last author on each page.
Core support might be just hooks, like a ?action=batch to call a
user-defined function that somehow gets a bit plainer access to various
innards of the file format.

Great idea, Pm!!

Cheers,
Radu