[pmwiki-users] Solution converting ISO-8859-1 wikifiles to UTF-8

Laurent Meister meister at apfelwiki.de
Sat Apr 16 10:02:57 CDT 2005

Hello everybody,

last week I mailed a problem converting my ISO-8859-1 wikipages to
UTF-8.

I found a nice an quick solution.

I'm running Mac OS X on my machine, which has a UNIX-Kernel. So I made
a backup from my wiki and than I opend a bashshell and converted the
files with:

for file in *
do
iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 $file > ../newwiki.d/$file
done

After this I copied all UTF-8 files from the newwiki.d folder back
again in the wiki.d folder from my webserver.

And all the pages are UTF-8 encode since then.

I don't know if iconv is a command available on php-server. If it is,
it must be possible to make a convertionscript for pmwiki.

Greats

Laurent (kt007)