[pmwiki-users] Maybe i'm dumb

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Apr 15 21:40:37 CDT 2005

Um. Ideally, the audiences would get separate trails (a basic one
explaining principles and giving examples for beginners, and a more
in-depth one for advanced folk) Links may go between the simple and
advanced versions, but the trails would keep people of each persuasion on
track :)

The way it is right now, we get something like simple1, advanced1, simple2,
advanced2, etc. The problem may come from the fact that there are many
perspectives people look at all this. There are (supposedly in increasing
order of sophistication):
*readers,
*minimalist authors,
*code-aware authors,
*site admins
*markup designers,
*skin designers,

The order of the last two and middle two is many times reversed. If people
agree, I'd like to help carving the docs in trails for each audience.

At 06:36 PM 4/15/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>The
>PmWiki.ConditionalMarkup page, as it stands now, mixes the two audiences
>on a single by explaining how the markup works and also providing
>code that a wiki admin might use to add more conditions.
>Do these belong on separate pages, or on the same page, or ...?
>
>Pm

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)