[pmwiki-users] Cookbook recipes and organization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 14:37:41 CDT 2005

I have a question for the group at large:

Lately in the Cookbook I've noticed a trend towards creating larger
recipes, and replacing small simple recipes with larger functions
that require downloading zip archives, more documentation, and
(to me) additional integration effort.  I don't have any problem
with large recipes, but I am worried that we're unnecessarily
replacing some of the simple solutions with more complex units
where simple ones would suffice.  Somehow I feel as though it would
be better to offer both approaches, with "See Also" links pointing
to the alternatives, than to replace existing recipes altogether.

This message isn't intended to advocate any particular change in
activity -- I really am just curious to hear opinions on this
topic.