[pmwiki-users] back to teasers :)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 09:31:04 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 03:50:52PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Maybe it would be easier to use one of the existing search engines, let
> them index the rendered wiki pages (possibly with an engine-friendly
> skin so that the teasers don't all start with the action list and side
> bar). Then let PmWiki display the results of the query.

I've always maintained that PmWiki *isn't* a search engine, and for
search engine package rather than us trying to reinventing that particular
wheel.

Still, there are times when it may be useful to provide teasers to
things that aren't "searches".  Most search engines have no clue of
PmWiki's structures such as groups, trails, or categories, and so being
able to provide teaser information in the context of those structures
still makes a lot of sense.