[pmwiki-users] BasicAuth on windows

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 15 09:20:33 CDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:07:57PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> BasicAuth() is indeed a function in PmWiki, and *should* be available.
>
> It would be helpful if you posted the actual error messages.

BasicAuth() no longer exists as of beta29, because the authorization
code there is no longer 'Basic'.  It's now 'PmWikiAuth'.

I've added the basicauth.php script to the Cookbook.UserAuth page
for those sites that need the old version.

I suppose I can put BasicAuth() back into the core pmwiki.php
script (even though it doesn't get called), but I don't like
bloating pmwiki.php any more than I have to.  Nicer would be for
Cookbook.UserAuth to provide its own equivalent of BasicAuth and
use that (note that as such it wouldn't have to be called 'BasicAuth',
so it could co-exist with both pre- and post-beta29).