[pmwiki-users] Uninstalling EProtect

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 21:19:58 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:02:40AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> So do I.
>
> However, I think it would be better if the links were converted to
> hidden-email: links when loading from the page store, and converted by
> to mailto: links when saving.
>
> What's the best way to hook that up? (eProtect munges the $EditFunctions
> array - is that the right place?)

Probably yes -- $EditFunctions is the list of things to be done
in the edit/restore/save/preview sequence.

> >    $ROSPattern['/hidden-email:(\\S+)/e'] = "'mailto:'.str_rot13('$1')";
>
> Er... what's a $ROSPattern?

It's a "Replace on Save" pattern -- a set of pattern->replacements to
be peformed on the markup text just before the page is saved.
(In particular, this is how the author.php script is able to convert
"~~~" into an author's name when the page is saved.)

> Besides, I'm working on a new version of eProtect where the wiki admin
> can specify arbitrary encodings, so even a browser with a rot13 facility
> won't be of much help anymore :-))

Cool.