[pmwiki-users] Re: Is there a Parse() to Keep() (Was: (:noteblock:) problem)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 15:23:55 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:08:38PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > MarkupToHTML($pagename, $str)
>
> Goodie! Is there a suitable page to make a note of this? (I did a search
> but it didn't seem to be on a "documenting" page yet). Nor did I find a
> page that documents Keep().

Joachim posted a page that documents Keep() somewhere -- I think it's
in PmWiki.Functions .

> Btw. The search took about 30 seconds... strange considering that the
> initial page popped up in two seconds or so. If you'd like some hard
> numbers on this on a regular basis, I can write a cron job that every hour
> or so wget:s a few URIs from pmwiki.org (loggin the time each URI takes).

Right now the pmwiki.org server is experiencing a lot of bizarre
behavior with response times and server loads.  I have several
outstanding trouble tickets with the ISP about it.

Knowing the time it's taking to reply with a page is useful, but
I'd have to be able to place the request in context and know what
"other" things were happening on the server at the same time.  I'll
keep it in mind, however.