[pmwiki-users] Uninstalling EProtect

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Apr 13 11:00:49 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I have the task of uninstalling EProtect from a PmWiki site.

To my dismay, I found that EProtect would munge the mail addresses when
storing to the page storage. So removing the
include_once('eprotect.php') line from config.php leaves me with lots of
[[hidden-email:hfre at qbznva.arg]] pages - I know it's ROT13 and easily
removed, but it's a lot of pages and I'd like to write a script that
does this.

I could go for the quick&dirty method of running sed or awk (Unix
horribilities, for those who don't know them) over the wiki.d directory,
but is there a way to have PmWiki load the pages, hand them over to me
for modification, then store them back?
I guess the script for upgrading from PmWiki 1 to 2 does something
similar, but pmwiki.org seems to be down again :-( (must have broken
recently, I downloaded eprotect.php just a few minutes ago).

In a related vein, I'd like to build something similar to EProtect, but
it shouldn't store the munged addresses, it should munge them when
hooks to do that?

Regards,
Jo