Fwd: [pmwiki-users] Running ASpell from pmwiki

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 02:10:31 CDT 2005

Hi Noel,
I was the original script writer for the spelling plugin.  I only
intended it to be a stop-gap measure to encourage people to solve the
'spelling' issue.  Idislike the requirement to have aspell installed
on a system, I would much prefer it to be able to use aspell if
present, but fallback onto a simpler pure-php spelling solution if it
isn't present... if only I had more time <g>

I would suggest http://spellerpages.sourceforge.net/ as this is what
is *really* used to do the spell checking, see if you can get that
running on your server first, as that wil remove any 'PmWiki'
configuration issues and check that your setup is correct.  I'm sorry
I can't be more helpful, I only kludged it together as a quick interim
solution :)
- Ciaran