[pmwiki-users] Problem

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Apr 11 03:41:38 CDT 2005

Stefano wrote:

> oday on my wiki every page that do a pagelist or a search output back
> a tons of lines saying:
>
> Warning: No ending delimiter '!' found in
> /home/mhd-03/www.wordpress-it.it/htdocs/wiki/index.php on line 572

This sounds as if you renamed pmwiki.php to index.php and modified it.
Both actions are a bad idea:
* Renaming pmwiki.php means that after any PmWiki update, you'll have an
index.php from an other version of PmWiki that tries to interact with a
newer PmWiki infrastructure, and a new pmwiki.php that isn't used. A
better approach would be to write an index.php that reads
   <?php include('pmwiki.php'); ?>
Alternatively, you could write a .htaccess file that says something like
"DirectoryIndex pmwiki.php", or has a rewrite rule that redirects "/"
and "" to pmwiki.php.
* Editing pmwiki.php means that all your changes will be overwritten as
soon as you upgrade PmWiki. I'm really baffled that you found a Cookbook
recipe that recommends modifying pmwiki.php; could tell us which recipe
that was so that we can correct it? Normally, you're supposed to create
or edit local/config.php, which is guaranteed not to be overwritten (as
are any other files in local/).

> and at the end:
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at
> /home/mhd-03/www.wordpress-it.it/htdocs/wiki/index.php:572) in
> /home/mhd-03/www.wordpress-it.it/htdocs/wiki/index.php on line 657

PmWiki tries to set the HTTP header, and the fact that error messages
were written out earlier makes that impossible. You can safely ignore
any "headers already sent" warnings if there were previous PHP errors.

Regards,
Jo