[pmwiki-users] Re:Changing charset from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 10 04:31:23 CDT 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 19:12, Radu wrote:
> Just a pointer for this (I had to do it too, cos the UTF-8 code page I'm
> working with is not standardized):
>
> check out strtr() (the array version)
>
> You probably knew about it, but in case you didn't, it would speed up any
> such transliteration project :)
>
> At 11:54 PM 4/7/2005, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> >Sounds like a good project for a php newbie - I might give a go at writing
in
> >php a stand alone program to do the mapping.
>
> Cheers,
> Radu
> (www.monicsoft.net)

In Lithuanian there are 18 diacritical characters - 9 lc and 9 corresponding
caps.  Not a big project, anyway.  So far there is not even a real need for
it.

Thank you for your interest.  BTW, when you see your grandfather, give him my
best regards.  I hope not to need his advice, but just in case...  I am
recovering from a very sever sciatica attack.

Al.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila