[pmwiki-users] Farm Passwords

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Fri Apr 8 18:57:41 CDT 2005

Regarding passwords and Farms... what is the theory?

Heirarchy applies?
Passwords embedded in Farm local/config.php apply only to Farm "Main" and other groups unless specifically set with "set attribuites"

Passwords on Fields are "clear" unless set via "set attribuites"?

When I opened my first (and only) field the edit was wide open.  I set the passwords and it seems to have then used  the "admin" password from the Farm to allow me to set the attribuites now the new Field passwords for edit that I set work fine.

This is all written down I am sure but it  is a pain to find the info.

John Morris

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is not sufficiently advanced."
F'jarr Foss  - Mechanic of Magic, 4th level