[pmwiki-users] Public/private wiki pages (was: PmWiki group)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Apr 6 02:40:35 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:45:15PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > To do so, you'd place the files for that group in wikilib.d
>
> Or, you can create another directory altogether and use that.
> In local/farmconfig.php:
>
>     $WikiLibDirs = array($WikiDir,
>       new PageStore('/path/to/shared.d/$FullName'),
>       new PageStore("$FarmD/wikilib.d/\$FullName"));
>
> Then copy/place any "shared" pages into the '/path/to/shared.d'.

Could this strategy help with keeping one part of the wiki "public" and
the rest "private"? This goes back to the desire of letting certain
customers and consultants access only certain pages.

I've no experience with fields, but what if I created a "public" field and
then used the code above to let that field see "private" pages?

But what about pages that I don't want editable from the "public" field?
It's morning here so my brain isn't working so well, but there should be
an easy solution for that, right?

/Christian