[pmwiki-users] Custom SideBar

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 5 21:29:23 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:44:16AM +0200, Ugo Mariani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just found out (quite by accident) that if I create a new group (eg.
> MyGroup) and then I create a MyGroup.SideBar page, I get a custom sidebar for
> that group.
>
> That's really cool.
>
> So I started wondering, does this work at the page level? If I create a
> MyPage.SideBar page, would that give me a custom sidebar just for that page?

It doesn't do this by default, but it can be made to work.  Edit the
page template and change the line

    <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar Main.SideBar-->

to be something like

    <!--wiki:$Group.$Name-SideBar $Group.SideBar Main.SideBar-->

For MyGroup.SomePage, this will use the first of MyGroup.SomePage-SideBar,
MyGroup.SideBar, and Main.SideBar.