[pmwiki-users] line spacing patch

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Apr 2 02:07:20 CST 2005

Russ Fink wrote:

>> If you just want the spacing to increase between bullet items, you
>> might try 'margin-top' instead.  However, I'm guessing you really
>> do want increased line spacing, so ...
>
> I made local mods to include margin-top (like you said) and what happens
> is it separates the block of bullets from above text, but does not
> separate each bullet individually.

That's a sign that the margin-top gets applied to the <ul> tag.
It needs to be applied to the <li> tags within.

The CSS for adding 0.2 em around the list items in that case would be

ul.somestyle li {
   margin-top: 0.2em;
}

It may even be that the %block markup has the class applied to the <p>
tag. In that case it's simply

p.somestyle ul li { ... }

(just take a look at the HTML generated by PmWiki).

Patching PmWiki isn't a very viable route, you'd have to reapply the
patch with every PmWiki update that you install.

PM wrote:

>> I don't have a problem with adding line-height to the list of allowed
>> CSS properties in the distribution, if nobody objects.

Hmm... it might be better to make it a Cookbook recipe, to keep the
markup simple.

Regards,
Jo