[pmwiki-users] line spacing patch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Apr 1 09:46:43 CST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 10:35:22AM -0500, Russ Fink wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I wrote a line-height mod into scripts/wikistyles.php, and am attaching
> >>the patch file.  It lets you do this:
> >>* %block line-height=2% here is a spaced bullet
> >>* another bullet
>
> Er, this doesn't quite get what I need.  When I use this, all the
> text in the bullets have the same spacing.  What I want is to have
> each bullet separated from the next bullet by a certain spacing, but
> text within the bullets to be single spaced.  Maybe I just need to
> [[<<]] everywhere, but this seems like a stylesheet-ish sort of
> thing.  Any suggestions that don't involve creating my own skin?

Aha, so you really *do* want margin-top then!  :-)
Okay, try the following:

    $HTMLStylesFmt[] = ' ul.spaced li { margin-top: 1em; } ';

And then use

    * %block spaced% here is a spaced bullet
    * another bullet
    * ..etc..

There's not a pure-wikistyles way to get what you want (i.e., without
defining the CSS class), because it's not easy to get a wiki style
to be added to each item in the list.  However, you can sort of do
it this way:

    %define=s2 item margin-top:1em%

    * %s2% here is a spaced bullet
    * %s2% another spaced bullet
    * %s2% ..etc..

where the %s2% says to add spacing before the current item.

And I'm guessing there's some reason you don't want to just do:

    * here is a spaced bullet

    * another spaced bullet

    * ..etc..