[Pmwiki-users] Minor questions on upgrading to PmWiki2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Sep 30 22:24:36 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:44:36PM -0500, Jack Lutz wrote:

>    There are two questions I have on upgrading PmWiki1 to PmWiki2 dev 9.
>
>    1.  Placing in a local customization file " $HTMLLineBreak='<br />'; "
>    no longer creates WYSIWYG linebreaks?

Umm, not yet.  I'm still working out what the correct local customization
for that will be (yes, there will be one).

>    2. My default install doesn't create RecentPages or PageList. Anything
>    I need to do? Nothing in the Cookbook yet.

Well, PageList is really just any page containing the [:pagelist:] markup.
You can do

  [:pagelist:] to get a list of all pages,
  [:pagelist group=PmWiki:] to get a list of all pages in the PmWiki group,
  [:pagelist group={$Group}:] to get a list of all pages in the current group

(there are more options--I need time to document them and finish cleaning
them up).

For RecentPages, I just put the following in my local/config.php:

    $RCTime = strftime('%b %d %H:%M',$Now);
    $RecentChangesFmt['Main.RecentPages'] = ':[[$PageName]]:  $RCTime';