[Pmwiki-users] v2 upgrade final stretch [was: v2 advanced tables direction]

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Sep 28 22:30:44 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:04:48PM +0200, Larry Baltz wrote:
> Well, here's the list of remaining features from the development home
> page:

Actually, that page is somewhat out of date.  But just to follow-up:

>  * SearchWiki
>    This looks like it's at least partly implemented -- not sure what
>    is missing

Search is pretty much working, although I want to provide an option
for a search box to appear with a search term already entered.

>  * floating images
>    Use it but could work around using advanced tables until it's
>    available

I haven't figured out how to accommodate floating images.  I may be
able to do the left/right beginning-of-line/end-of-line trick again, but
that has been known to cause some confusion (especially with wikistyles).

>  * AdvancedTables
>    Pretty much must have -- have simple tables and other block
>    elements embedded in advanced tables.

Coming next (devel) release.

>  * WikiWordCounts
>    Not a big need for me

It is for me, and it's a nice way to disable WikiWords (although there
are several ways to do that, of course).

>  * InstallationWizard
>    Yeah, for my one existing pmwiki I'd pretty much have to have
>    this

I'm still working on this -- for the install wizard I need to hear about
install problems on as many different platforms as possible.

> Others not on the list:
>  * spaced WikiWords
>    Users have gotten really use to this, and I'd hate to yank
>    it now.

I plan to have it available, I just haven't decided on the implementation.

>    I've created a workaround/alternative cookbook entry to handle
>    this for v2.  Is using template functions better or worse than
>    special case variables?

I'm not sure I understand the question here.  :-)

>  * general documentation upgrade
>    Will have trouble fully switching to v2 until the full set of
>    editing/mark-up documentation is updated

Yeah, that's going to take a little time, but I'll see what I can do
there.