[Pmwiki-users] v2 advanced tables direction

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Sep 27 14:22:06 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:25:36PM +0200, Larry Baltz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is really a question for Patrick...
>
> What's the intended direction for advanced tables for v2?  Do you plan
> to simply re-implement the mark-up from V1, or did you intend to go a
> different direction?

I'm re-implementing the markup from v1, except it'll be of the form
[:table:] and [:cell:] instead of [[table]] and [[cell]].

> In any case, wouldn't mind pitching in and implementing this if you
> would like the help (i.e. I'm chomping at the bit to upgrade to v2 and
> this is one of the remaining "must have" features).

It's not difficult to implement -- I just hadn't done it yet.  I'll
bump it up on the priorities and try to get it into the next devel
release.

Out of curiosity, what are existing users' plans regarding v2 and
upgrading to v2?  What features need to exist before people feel they
can upgrade, and what apprehensions are there about it?