[Pmwiki-users] edit-exit

Knut Alboldt mailing
Sat Sep 25 13:07:43 CDT 2004

Is there a possibility in pmwiki 2 to process a edited page before it' s
being saved ?

I found out, that e.g. for a german keyboard the markup of a markup [::]
it's a bit like the alt-ctrl-del (monkey-grip ?):
alt-gr-8 shift-dot shift-dot alt-gr-9.
So I thought it would be usefull to allow an input-translation (cause I
think it's not usefull to change the markup-key-sequence locally, a
pmwiki-page could not be exchanged within two wiki's without problems).
With an input translation it would be rather easy to enter the markup with
comfortable keystrokes without missing the original markup-sequence.
What I thought about is entering e.g. "<<" and translate it to "[:" and
">>" and translate it to ":]" (or any other) before saving the page.
Is there an easy way to process this within the edit-save-procedure
(concerning pmwiki2) without changing pmwiki.php (e.g. as an exit which can
be hooked up in config.php ?

Knut