[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Typesetting math -- experience using PmWiki

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Sep 21 15:49:13 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, 21 September 2004 6:50 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>On 21 Sep 2004, John Rankin wrote:
>

>> That's odd -- it should download automatically and fire up your
>> PDF reader... I just checked and it worked for me.
>
>It popped up after I'd sent the e-mail. I tried it a second time, and this
>time it popped up quicker it seemed.

At least 3 reasons:
- it's a long way from NZ to Sweden and pdf files can be large [1]
- the pdf2you server is a lowly imac behind a lowly ADSL connection
- it caches generated pdfs and tries to use a cached version if possible

I'm expecting that action=pdf built into pmwiki will be much faster.

>/Christian
>
>--
[1] if it goes via Australia it's often slower than via the US

--
JR