[Pmwiki-users] section edits

Fred Chittenden drfredc
Tue Sep 21 14:07:14 CDT 2004

This sounds like some sort of "blogging" variant, which would be very nice.

As a general comment, I'm not sure if the heading delimiter would be
powerful enough for possible future expansion and/or uses as one might want
to add some other commands to sections. There might be instances where you
want to have a header without starting a section.  Perhaps something like
the following ("!*") might be more a powerful sectional delimiter and while
still being somewhat wiki intiative.

!* Section 1<optional commands>

This is a Section 1 of a wiki page

!* End of Section 1 (or start of Section 2) <more optional commands>

This is the last section of this wiki page.
Normally, editing or posting would start here at the end of the last
section?

The 'stuff' on section delimiter lines would get interpreted, but not
displayed.

To make a blog, it would seem one might offer a section "blog command" to
start up some sort of blog/posting window for blog posts, with blog posts
being attached to that wiki page section (front or back) with a date stamp.

Or something like that.