[Pmwiki-users] section edits

Pierre ROUZEAU pierre
Tue Sep 21 13:12:28 CDT 2004

Why not simply write the text which can enter complete in the edit
window without sliding bars.
You select half which is over the mouse position, and half  below the
mouse position.  And reset the mouse position in the middle of the
screen, at the appropriate position.
In fact, you set in your window what can enter in without embarassing you.
Though, it's clear that this is not that simple as that, because the
windows size is not always known  when this window haven't a fixed
width, and you may not know the current police, and you have to estimate
with reasonnable accuracy the room needed by the text (in fixed font,
this may not be that hard ?).

Regards

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>I'm finally getting around to looking at the possibility of providing
>"section edits" -- where an author can request to edit just one section
>of a page rather than having to edit (and scroll through) the entire
>markup text of a page.  This should be really useful for very long
>pages that have lots of sections in them.
>
>My question then becomes -- what should denote a "section"?
>My initial thought is that any heading (down to some level) automatically
>defines a section of editable text, but I'm curious to know if people have
>other ideas.
>
>After gathering feedback, I'll see about implementing this in PmWiki 2.
>
>Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - A?roglisseur mod?le www.aeroglisseur.com