[Pmwiki-users] fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed

Pham Cong Dinh pcdinh2004
Sat Sep 18 22:33:27 CDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry if my explaination made you confused. Here is my instalation
procedures:

1. I downloaded pmwiki 2.0del5, unzip it into a folder.
2. I uploaded that folder into my Linux host, excecuting chmod 2777 (not
valid, my FileZilla Client said), excecuting chmod 777 (it works ) and
run pmwiki.php. PMwiki said:

*Warning*: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose
uid is 32047 is not allowed to access
/home/pcdinh/public_html/php/pmwiki2/wiki.d owned by uid 99 in
*/home/pcdinh/public_html/php/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php* on line *244*

*Warning*: fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in */home/pcdinh/public_html/php/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php* on line
*244*

     PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

3. I tried to install pmwiki 2.0del5 in my Windows XP box. I found that
it has created a foldr named wiki.d with a file  .flock in it.

4. I tried to upload this newly created folder to my Linux host,
excecuting chmod 777 and refresh pmwiki.php page. I have got the same
error message.
5. I decided to delete the wiki.d which I just uploaded. I created a new
folder named wiki.d manually on the server through a FTP client,
excecuting chmod 777.
6. I tried to refresh the pmwiki.php once more and it works.
7. I used FTP client to move into *wiki.d* folder and found a .flock
file in it. After that, I created a .htaccess in my Windows box and
uploaded it to that folder.
8. I tried to edit some pages on my wiki. It would be okay now.

Best regards,

Dinh