[Pmwiki-users] non broken strings

Larry Baltz larry+pmwiki
Fri Sep 17 02:48:06 CDT 2004

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has needed to create strings that aren't
broken for line wrapping.  I've used the " " mark-up, but that's
pretty intrusive (i.e. hard to read the string when the character
entities are embedded) and gets to be a drag to type when you have
multiple spaces in the string.  I also throw the flag for spacing wiki
words and would like a way to prevent breaks there (can't use character
entities inside a link label from what I can tell...).

Any suggestions on reasonable mark-up for enclosing such strings?
Maybe something like ``I don't want this line wrapped`` (i.e. use
double backquotes).  Is there anything that would be more consistent
with existing mark-up (or maybe double backquote is already used?).

Thanks,

Larry