[Pmwiki-users] x-comment customization question

Doyce doyce.testerman
Thu Sep 9 14:22:18 CDT 2004

Now, I will preface this by saying that I am *NO* kind of php coder at
all, but what I did to accomplish this was edit the 49th (I think)
line of the x-comment.php to read:

  $xCommentVars['comment_template'] =
"\$Comment[[<<]]\n'''-Profiles/\$Author''' [-(\$Date,
\$Time)-]\n----\n[[x-comment:]]";

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't create the link if the
commenting person doesn't enter their name as a WikiWord.  Someone far
smarter than me can probably tell you (and me) how to properly wrap
$Author in some {{ }}'s so that's less of a problem.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:07:05 -0500, Jason Moseley

<jason.moseley at gmail.com> wrote:
> When using x-comment, I would like to have the author name actually be
> a link to the author's profile (if typed correctly), but how do I get
> the {{Profile/...}} in there?
> --

Doyce Testerman
smarter at average-bear.com ? http://www.average-bear.com
If you're flammable and have legs, you are never "blocking a fire exit".