[Pmwiki-users] setting up wiki fields

Eugene Van den Bulke [EGN] evandenbulke
Sat Sep 4 03:04:38 CDT 2004

Rick Lavin wrote:

> I have just managed to install PmWiki, and am quite pleased with
> myself because this is the first php software that I've ever installed
> successfully. This was largely thanks to the helpful error messages
> supplied when problems were encountered.
>
> Now I want to set up a wiki farm, and despite the clarity of the
> instructions I anticipate a couple of problems:
>
> 1.
> <<1. Create a directory to hold the field. Normally the field
> directory goes in a web-accessible directory (e.g., under
> public_html), but it can be placed anywhere that a _PmWiki_
> installation would normally go.
>
> 2. Create a _PHP_ script (e.g., field.php) in the field directory with
> the following line
>
> <?php include('/path/to/_pmwiki_.php/'); ?>
>
> where path/to/_pmwiki_.php is the path to the farm's installation of
> _PmWiki_.>>
>
> This is a very basic question but since the field directory goes
> outside the pmwiki directory I'll have to set the path to "go up a
> level". What's the syntax to do that?

for example if you have pmwiki in a folder www/pmwiki and your field in
the folder www/field

www/field/index.php will be <?php include('../pmwiki/pmwiki.php'); ?>

> 2.
> <<3. Change the field's directory permissions to 2777. >>
>
> Unfortunately, cPanel allows me to change only the last 3 columns, so
> I end up with 0777. How do I change the permissions to 2777?

I don't know what cPanel but on a unix based system : chmod 2777 field
(should do) if in the shell you are in www directory

> Sorry for my extreme ignorance!
>
> Rick

Hope this help ... (I am not an expert but I think that's what I did
when I installed my WikiFarm)

EuGeNe