[Pmwiki-users] static snapshot

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 28 23:42:06 CDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 12:00:39AM +0200, Steffen Gl?ckselig wrote:
> I'd like to generate a static snapshot from a page and the pages one level
> below that page. So all links from that page should be followed one level
> deep.
> I am using version 1.?.
>
> Is there a way in pmwiki or maybe an external tool to do it?

In the Unix/Linux world, I believe that "wget" can do this.  I've never
tried this myself, but the command might be something like

    wget -r -l1 -p --convert-links http://www.example.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

which downloads all pages one level deep from Main.HomePage (-r -l1),
grabs any prerequisite image and css files (-p), and converts any links
found in the pages into locally-correct links.  There are probably
other options to limit the scope of pages retrieved, etc.

Just a thought.