[Pmwiki-users] (:addcomment:) markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 28 08:46:43 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:02:48PM +0000, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> I'm on my way to implement a (:addcomment:) markup for v2. ( I need this
> for error-tracking)
> Just before I set this up as a cookbook-entry and want your remarks on it
> (or just the hint that all is already implemented somewhere :-).

Well, it's not already implemented somewhere, but a comments feature will be
implemented as a part of the 2.0 distribution.  I'm still working out the
syntax and details for it.  This isn't to discourage you from writing one,
just to note that there is one "on its way" (although I don't have a
completion timeframe).

> I want to implement a feature that adds user comments as textblocks to an
> existing page. So here are the topics I want to implement:
>
> * adding a new markup (:addcomment:) / (:addcomment pagename:) to display a
>   link like ...?pagename=$self/specified?action=addcomment?referer=$pagename
> * adding new action=addcomment which displays a form to enter additional text
>   which is added as a user's comment to the specified page

I was thinking that there ought to be a (:commentform:) markup which displays
the comments form directly in the text of the page, in addition to having
an "add comment" form that displays in its own page (with preview).

> * a global var $AddcommentWhere (or $Addcomment['where'] ?) which specifies
>   where the user's comment will be placed within the specified text:
>   'top' or 'bottom' (t/b)

My thoughts have been that this belongs in the markup somehow -- i.e.,
that part of the directives indicate where the comment should go and if
it should go above the directive or below it.

> The referred pagetext can be changed while the user enteres the comments
> I wont take care of that in the first step.

Many have requested that the ability to add comments work even on pages
that are locked -- i.e., adding a comment shouldn't allow one to edit
the existing page text.